Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Simple Watercolor Activity


This is a super simple watercolor activity that I did with my daughter (3) and son (1 1/2) the other day.  My son just liked playing with the watercolors and jar of water, but my daughter really enjoyed and requested to do more and more.

I saw the idea over at Hello Bee.


I printed off my daughter and son's names using this free font.  The font is an outlined font so my daughter (and son) were able to use the watercolor paints to color in their name.






I also spelled out the word rainbow using the colors of the rainbow and had my daughter match the paint color and the font color.  She reeeeealy enjoyed doing this one!  Rainbows are all the rage at our house right now.  The hubby and I were actually lucky enough to see an entire rainbow over our house the other night.  It was the first time I've ever seen the whole entire thing and it was quite breathtaking!


Download your font and get your watercolor paints ready!

This is a fun one!!


And are you following Playing House on Facebook?  Click here to "like" us and follow along!

4 comments:

  1. What a great simple water color activity. Going to download the font and do this with my daughter. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Hope your daughter enjoys it as much as mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun--my kids love painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea!!!

    http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/06/enchanted-childhood-playschool-summer_16.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...