Friday, March 23, 2012

Toddler Art: Painting with Corn Syrup


I loved using the corn syrup paint (and Sweet Girl loved it too).  There is something really cool about how the paint/syrup mixture glides onto the paper.  And I loved how it dries all shiny and pretty.  Thank you so much to eighteen25 for the awesome idea!!


Supplies needed:
Paint tray or cups
Food coloring
Light corn syrup
Paper
Paint brushes

Directions:
Add about a tablespoon of your syrup into your paint tray or cups (I just eyeballed it).  Add a few drops of your food coloring to your syrup.  Stir the two together. (Note...I ended up adding a few drops of water to thin out our syrup a little.  I think my syrup was a little old.)


Start by having your little ones draw a picture or scribbles on a piece of paper.  This is Sweet Girl's picture of Ian and Olivia from the Olivia books.


(You can draw one too if you want!!)


Paint your pictures with the corn syrup paints.  Oh and ahh at how fun it is!




Let the pictures dry completely before touching.  It took ours a few hours to dry all the way.


Here are our finished masterpieces...



It's so cool!!  You have to try it!


And are you following Playing House on Facebook?  Click here to "like" us and follow along!

1 comment:

  1. I used to do this with the children in my preschool class all the time. Thank you for the reminder to do it with my little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...