Thursday, November 17, 2011

December Daily Cover - Tutorial

Thank you for all the super sweet comments you all left yesterday and the day before!!  I just loooove getting comments!!  :)  And I'm so loving this December Daily!!  I can't wait for December to begin!

I received several questions and requests for how I made my white circle paper so I decided to put together a simple little tutorial.  Really...it's that simple.

(Click here and here to see my cover and album)



Here are the super easy directions!!

Supplies:
You'll need two pieces of white paper, white metallic dimensional paint (I used fabric paint since that's what I had on hand), Mod Podge or something equivalent and some type of round lid.

I found my paper at JoAnn Fabrics.  It has a little bit of a texture to it and it has these really pretty flecks of gold and silver throughout.  The tag on my paper said it's from The Paper Company and is called Celebration White.  You will need two 12x12 sheets if you are trying to cover the album included in the Studio Calico December Daily kit.

So the first thing you do is stamp your paper using your lid.  I just squirted a little bit of my white dimensional paint on a plate and laid my lid down in the paint to coat the edges.


Then "stamp" your paper.


This is what it looked like when I removed my lid.  You can see where the lid moved a little while I was "stamping", but that's what I loved best about the circles....how they weren't perfect.


Then just stamp all over your paper.  I left a little space in between each circle because I knew I was going to go back and stamp them several more times.


Continue stamping your circles until you are satisfied with how they look!  I tried to overlap them a little.


Here is what it looks like after 4 stamps.  That's about how many times I stamped each of my circles. 

Your next step is to cover your album.

I didn't take pictures of this part, but basically I just painted my album white, trimmed my paper, rounded the corners and adhered with Mod Podge.

One 12x12 sheet (with about 3 inches trimmed from the bottom) will cover the entire front, spine and a little of the back of the album.  I trimmed the second 12x12 sheet to fit the back perfectly and then Mod Podged that on.

And that's it!!

Happy crafting and please let me know if you have any questions!!


1 comment:

  1. So pretty - nice job! Need to add this to my Pinterest board for reference. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...