Monday, September 26, 2011

Pretend Grocery Store Play


Sweet Girl is very much into pretend play right now.  Most days she is decked out in some elaborate costume of some sort....usually pink or purple, and usually princess.  And sometimes that said princess says she needs to go "shopping"....so we made up a pretend grocery store that was so fun!!

First I gathered up a little box, some coins and pretend dollars.



Then I sat out some of our pretend food.  I grouped like foods together. 



I added some labels to the empty boxes to help with number recognition and matching.



Then my little shopper went to the grocery store with her little baby!!


Once she gathered up all her groceries, I helped her "check out".  I made up a pretend amount and we counted out our money.  The little activity turned out to be quite a little learning experience. 

1 comment:

  1. So cute, I love how you made the numbers to match. Definitely a great learning experience, you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...