Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ABC Fun - Letter J


We started back on our alphabet journey today with letter J! 


Alphabet Sensory Bin
Here is our letter J alphabet sensory bin for this week.  We have a bunch of fun letter J objects in our bin....capital and lowercase J/j's, a jack, a jack-in-the-box, a jug and two jaguars.


Sweet Girl loves taking out all of the objects from our bin.  I use this time to talk about the letter and it's sound.


Jumping over and on "J"
We took advantage of the beautiful day and took our letter J learning outside!!  Sweet Girl and I "jumped" over and on the J's.  While playing, I talked about prepositions, such as over, on, before, after.


Jaguar puzzles
I printed out some images of jaguars and cut them into simple puzzles for us to do together.  Sweet Girl is fascinated with puzzles right now and is actually pretty good at putting together the ones we have. 


Carisa over at 1+1+1=1 just published the letter J printables so I decided to print those off and letter Sweet Girl play around with them!  She LOVED them!!  In this picture she is using the Do-A-Dot Markers to dot all of the letter J/j's on the jellyfish!!

Check back on Friday to see our letter J crafts!!




6 comments:

  1. I just started using Carisa's totschool printables too. I wasn't sure how well they'd take but Monkey Girl loves them=)
    I like your jumping over/on J's idea! I may use it and insert it as a regular letter activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I like your puzzle ideas--I'm going to try this. My little one and I are working through the alphabet, and I'm going to incorporate some of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Just what I needed, as I realized sensory bin is on the schedule for the letter J this week (like TODAY), and I had no ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried to post, not sure if it worked... anyway, I love this idea! Thanks for sharing as I needed a letter J sensory bin idea. I especially like the Jj jump activity. My preschooler would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...